Tuesday, April 12, 2011

West Texas Wildfires

Until April 18 all proceeds from my jewelry sales will be donated to a fund to aid the victims of the wildfires that have been raging in the beautiful Big Bend area of west Texas.

Having lived in Pecos, about 90 miles from the area affected by the fires, for thirty years and having attended Sul Ross State University in Alpine for my graduate degree, I have a special place in my heart for this area.  I have many good memories of driving through the historic, tourist town of Fort Davis and stopping to have a vanilla soda at the Fort Davis Drugstore or shopping in the many artsy shops there, and then stopping at Wild Rose Pass to admire the view that God created.  You can read a good description of the devastation that has already occurred in this article from the Austin American Statesman:
http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/wildfires-leave-fort-davis-looking-like-the-newsreels-1390774.html?fb_ref=homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment