Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Jade in Pastel Necklace

Okay, so I'm ready for spring to get here.  My favorite season, as I've already said.  So my new pieces are all about spring--lots of pastels.  This necklace was a fun one to make because I had all the pastel colors I like and there were so many ideas in my head for these beads.  I've had them for awhile, but just couldn't decide what they needed to become.  They are briolettes of pastel jade, which is not what you usually think of when you think of jade. To me they almost look like little jelly beans, all ready for the Easter basket.  I added some sparkly aurora borealis rondelle crystals and little faceted pink quartz beads to make it dressy.  Then in the middle I added two rose Swarovski crystals with a blue jade briolette in between.  It's hard to see the clasp, but it is a hook and eye clasp with some rhinestones.  I think this would be so pretty for a spring bride or for an Easter outfit.  It's not big and bulky at all and is so very feminine.  It is for sale, but like most of the things I make, I would be happy keeping it and wearing it myself.  This is a perfect example of that harmony I've been talking about.  To me, the combination of colors, sizes, and textures in this necklace are harmonious.  Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment